Gayle labels Bolt Jamaica’s biggest ambassador
Dubai: Chris Gayle, arguably the world’s leading Twenty20 batsman, has described compatriot Usain Bolt as Jamaica’s biggest ambassador on the global stage.
“Words cannot explain what he (Bolt) has done for Jamaica and the world,” said Gayle during an interview with Gulfnews.com Wednesday.
“He has rewritten history."
The fastest man on the planet has established himself as legend by becoming the first male sprinter to retain the Olympic 100 and 200-metre gold, achieved in London last year.
Bolt also boasts the highest tally of sprint medals at the World Championships surpassing American Carl Lewis in quality.
“I am really happy for him. I have heard him speaking about how he trains and hope youngsters can take a leaf out of his book,” said Gayle.
“I hope he can go on to do bigger things. Everywhere you go, you hear people say Usain Bolt, Usain Bolt. He has done wonders for Jamaica."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’