Gayle names Sehwag, Malinga as top T20 players
Sydney: Explosive West Indies batsman Chris Gayle believes India’s Virender Sehwag and Australia’s David Warner are the two best batsmen in Twenty20 cricket right now with Lasith Malinga and Muthiah Muralidaran being the two best bowlers in the shortest format of the game.
Gayle said it is tough to pick the best players in T20 cricket due to the presence of so many great athletes in the game, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
The Caribbean star said Sehwag deserves to be mentioned among the bests as he is too exciting to watch when he bats, adding that he loves to see the Indian opening batsmen hit bowlers for boundaries with utmost swagger.
The left-handed batsman added that he had opened the batting with Warner and branded him as a powerful batsman.
Gayle said his pace bowler would be Malinga since he has been doing well in the Big Bash League and Muttiah Muralitharan would be his spin bowler.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory