Gayle names Sehwag, Malinga as top T20 players
Sydney: Explosive West Indies batsman Chris Gayle believes India’s Virender Sehwag and Australia’s David Warner are the two best batsmen in Twenty20 cricket right now with Lasith Malinga and Muthiah Muralidaran being the two best bowlers in the shortest format of the game.
Gayle said it is tough to pick the best players in T20 cricket due to the presence of so many great athletes in the game, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
The Caribbean star said Sehwag deserves to be mentioned among the bests as he is too exciting to watch when he bats, adding that he loves to see the Indian opening batsmen hit bowlers for boundaries with utmost swagger.
The left-handed batsman added that he had opened the batting with Warner and branded him as a powerful batsman.
Gayle said his pace bowler would be Malinga since he has been doing well in the Big Bash League and Muttiah Muralitharan would be his spin bowler.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bihar: This boy risks his life to save four students from drowning!
- Panel discussion on insensitive behaviour of administration and govt towards common man
- PM Modi saved cameraman from being washed away in Gujarat
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”
- India's bid to join US alliance could irk China, Pakistan: Chinese media
- MUST WATCH: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit two monster sixes out of Florida stadium