Gayle names Sehwag, Malinga as top T20 players
Sydney: Explosive West Indies batsman Chris Gayle believes India’s Virender Sehwag and Australia’s David Warner are the two best batsmen in Twenty20 cricket right now with Lasith Malinga and Muthiah Muralidaran being the two best bowlers in the shortest format of the game.
Gayle said it is tough to pick the best players in T20 cricket due to the presence of so many great athletes in the game, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
The Caribbean star said Sehwag deserves to be mentioned among the bests as he is too exciting to watch when he bats, adding that he loves to see the Indian opening batsmen hit bowlers for boundaries with utmost swagger.
The left-handed batsman added that he had opened the batting with Warner and branded him as a powerful batsman.
Gayle said his pace bowler would be Malinga since he has been doing well in the Big Bash League and Muttiah Muralitharan would be his spin bowler.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss