Gayle smashes Sydney to their second win in Big Bash
Sydney: Explosive West Indies batsman Chris Gayle blasted an unbeaten 100 off just 54 balls to help Sydney Thunder overhaul Adelaide Strikers score of 155 for eight in the Twenty20 Big Bash League (BBL) here Friday.
Gayle smashed an unprecedented eleven sixes, the most on Australian soil, to give Sydney an easy six-wicket win over their opponents.
Choosing to bat, Adelaide lost wickets at regular intervals, Johan Botha`s 41 off 33 balls took the Strikers to a defendable total.
Gayle, though made short work of the chase, Aaron O`Brien tried his best to keep Adelaide in the match taking 3 for 26 in four overs. But Gayle`s whirlwind innings took the match out of the Strikers grasp and helped Sydney register consecutive wins in this year`s tournament.
Brief Scores: Adelaide Strikers 155/8 in 20 overs (Johan Botha 41, Cameron Borgas 24; Sean Abbott 2-20, Fidel Edwards 2-35) vs. Sydney Thunder 156/4 in 18.3 overs (Chris Gayle 100 not out, Jason Floros 17 not out; Aaron O`Brien 3-26). Sydney Thunder won by 6 wickets (with 9 balls remaining)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!