Gayle smashes Sydney to their second win in Big Bash
Sydney: Explosive West Indies batsman Chris Gayle blasted an unbeaten 100 off just 54 balls to help Sydney Thunder overhaul Adelaide Strikers score of 155 for eight in the Twenty20 Big Bash League (BBL) here Friday.
Gayle smashed an unprecedented eleven sixes, the most on Australian soil, to give Sydney an easy six-wicket win over their opponents.
Choosing to bat, Adelaide lost wickets at regular intervals, Johan Botha`s 41 off 33 balls took the Strikers to a defendable total.
Gayle, though made short work of the chase, Aaron O`Brien tried his best to keep Adelaide in the match taking 3 for 26 in four overs. But Gayle`s whirlwind innings took the match out of the Strikers grasp and helped Sydney register consecutive wins in this year`s tournament.
Brief Scores: Adelaide Strikers 155/8 in 20 overs (Johan Botha 41, Cameron Borgas 24; Sean Abbott 2-20, Fidel Edwards 2-35) vs. Sydney Thunder 156/4 in 18.3 overs (Chris Gayle 100 not out, Jason Floros 17 not out; Aaron O`Brien 3-26). Sydney Thunder won by 6 wickets (with 9 balls remaining)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional