Gayle smashes Sydney to their second win in Big Bash
Sydney: Explosive West Indies batsman Chris Gayle blasted an unbeaten 100 off just 54 balls to help Sydney Thunder overhaul Adelaide Strikers score of 155 for eight in the Twenty20 Big Bash League (BBL) here Friday.
Gayle smashed an unprecedented eleven sixes, the most on Australian soil, to give Sydney an easy six-wicket win over their opponents.
Choosing to bat, Adelaide lost wickets at regular intervals, Johan Botha`s 41 off 33 balls took the Strikers to a defendable total.
Gayle, though made short work of the chase, Aaron O`Brien tried his best to keep Adelaide in the match taking 3 for 26 in four overs. But Gayle`s whirlwind innings took the match out of the Strikers grasp and helped Sydney register consecutive wins in this year`s tournament.
Brief Scores: Adelaide Strikers 155/8 in 20 overs (Johan Botha 41, Cameron Borgas 24; Sean Abbott 2-20, Fidel Edwards 2-35) vs. Sydney Thunder 156/4 in 18.3 overs (Chris Gayle 100 not out, Jason Floros 17 not out; Aaron O`Brien 3-26). Sydney Thunder won by 6 wickets (with 9 balls remaining)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites