Gayle warns Haddin of ‘fiery re-match’ after ‘verbal feud’
Sydney: Explosive West Indies batsman Chris Gayle has lit the fuse for a fiery return to Australia next month, warning Australian wicketkeeper Brad Haddin he is ready for a re-match in the 50-over format.
Gayle flew out of Australia on Friday for a month-long holiday at home in the Caribbean after a disappointing Big Bash series with the Sydney Thunder.
According to news.com.au, Gayle and Haddin engaged in a heated war of words during the Big Bash, after the Thunder’s prize signing Gayle told The Sunday Telegraph he was unhappy with the way the exchange ended.
Haddin sparked the row between the two stars when he told Fox Sports that ‘at least the Thunder fans have seen Chris Gayle do something for his money’, after the Aussie was caught in the outfield off the Jamaican`s bowling.
Gayle then retaliated the next day via Twitter and maintained that he was disappointed with the way the feud finished.
According to the report, with Gayle set to return to Australia with the West Indies for a five-match ODI series that is starting on February 1, there is every chance the pair will again fight on the international stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it