Gayle warns Haddin of ‘fiery re-match’ after ‘verbal feud’
Sydney: Explosive West Indies batsman Chris Gayle has lit the fuse for a fiery return to Australia next month, warning Australian wicketkeeper Brad Haddin he is ready for a re-match in the 50-over format.
Gayle flew out of Australia on Friday for a month-long holiday at home in the Caribbean after a disappointing Big Bash series with the Sydney Thunder.
According to news.com.au, Gayle and Haddin engaged in a heated war of words during the Big Bash, after the Thunder’s prize signing Gayle told The Sunday Telegraph he was unhappy with the way the exchange ended.
Haddin sparked the row between the two stars when he told Fox Sports that ‘at least the Thunder fans have seen Chris Gayle do something for his money’, after the Aussie was caught in the outfield off the Jamaican`s bowling.
Gayle then retaliated the next day via Twitter and maintained that he was disappointed with the way the feud finished.
According to the report, with Gayle set to return to Australia with the West Indies for a five-match ODI series that is starting on February 1, there is every chance the pair will again fight on the international stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview