Gayle warns Haddin of ‘fiery re-match’ after ‘verbal feud’
Sydney: Explosive West Indies batsman Chris Gayle has lit the fuse for a fiery return to Australia next month, warning Australian wicketkeeper Brad Haddin he is ready for a re-match in the 50-over format.
Gayle flew out of Australia on Friday for a month-long holiday at home in the Caribbean after a disappointing Big Bash series with the Sydney Thunder.
According to news.com.au, Gayle and Haddin engaged in a heated war of words during the Big Bash, after the Thunder’s prize signing Gayle told The Sunday Telegraph he was unhappy with the way the exchange ended.
Haddin sparked the row between the two stars when he told Fox Sports that ‘at least the Thunder fans have seen Chris Gayle do something for his money’, after the Aussie was caught in the outfield off the Jamaican`s bowling.
Gayle then retaliated the next day via Twitter and maintained that he was disappointed with the way the feud finished.
According to the report, with Gayle set to return to Australia with the West Indies for a five-match ODI series that is starting on February 1, there is every chance the pair will again fight on the international stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog