GCA admits loopholes in India-Aus ODI
Panaji: Goa Cricket Association (GCA) on Saturday admitted ‘loopholes’ in organisation of the recent One Day International between India and Australia, which was called off without a ball being bowled due to rain.
“Some of the executive committee members, who were found negligent, would be shifted out of the committee,” GCA president Dayanand Narvekar said.
The state cricket association has been in news after some duplicate tickets surfaced after the rain-washed India-Australia ODI on October 24 at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Fatorda.
Narvekar said that, during the marathon meeting held on Friday, some officials admitted they neglected the printing mistakes on the tickets.
“None of the GCA officials were involved in the mistake. It was a printing error but some of the officials who came to know about it should have informed the committee,” Narvekar said.
He said that he was stationed in Margao (town next to the stadium) during the day of the match.
If printing mistake was pointed out in time, corrective measures could have been taken, he said.
“We could have asked the security to inform the people about the printing error and made them sit at proper seats,” he added.
The GCA president said that there were two to three more organisational lapses, but refused to highlight them.
The association has also decided not to pay 25 per cent of printing money to the Pune-based printer.
The printer had, on Friday, admitted that it was his fault that created the confusion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says