GCA resolves to expel Narvekar from primary membership
Panaji: Vinod Phadke, who took over as the Goa Cricket Association President after expelling Dayanand Narvekar from the post through a resolution, on Tuesday announced the names of the 15-member managing committee.
The committee members include Sanjay Kanekar, Vilas Desai and Sharad Chopdekar (all Vice-President), Prasad Phatepekar (Secretary), Amresh Naik (treasurer), Vivek Pednekar, Jamir Carol and Desh Kinlekar (joint secretaries).
Apart from vice-president, secretary, treasurer and joint secretaries, the committee also include Sudesh Prabhudessai, Megnath Shirodkar, Shrikrishna Tari, Prakash Phadte.
Daya Pagi and Kishori Haldankar have been named as women`s committee in-charge.
The resolution was to expel Narvekar from the managing committee as well as from the primary membership of the GCA following allegations of financial and administrative irregularities.
In another significant development, the GCA has decided to hand over all documents as required by chairman of Election Committee, Chetan Desai, so that transparency is maintained in the Association affairs.
A resolution was also moved by members of managing committee to postpone the date of elections from May 27 to a new date due to complaints from various clubs that their names were deleted from the GCA rolls.
The committee also resolved to give a grant of Rs one lakh to each club for the year 2012-13 season.
Phadke thanked the members of the managing Committee for electing him as the President and promised that he will run the affairs of the association in a transparent manner.
A copy of the resolution has been sent to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
Narvekar is facing allegations of financial and administrative irregularities for which the state government recently appointed a two-member committee led by Dessai to investigate the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Champions League final goal like losing virginity – Sergio Ramos
- Madhur Bhandarkar takes expert advice from Subramanian Swamy for film on emergency? View pics
- Scramble begins in BJP's Kerala unit for union ministry berth
- Afghan Taliban struggle to select Mansour's successor
- Medium intensity earthquake in Assam