GCA resolves to expel Narvekar from primary membership
Panaji: Vinod Phadke, who took over as the Goa Cricket Association President after expelling Dayanand Narvekar from the post through a resolution, on Tuesday announced the names of the 15-member managing committee.
The committee members include Sanjay Kanekar, Vilas Desai and Sharad Chopdekar (all Vice-President), Prasad Phatepekar (Secretary), Amresh Naik (treasurer), Vivek Pednekar, Jamir Carol and Desh Kinlekar (joint secretaries).
Apart from vice-president, secretary, treasurer and joint secretaries, the committee also include Sudesh Prabhudessai, Megnath Shirodkar, Shrikrishna Tari, Prakash Phadte.
Daya Pagi and Kishori Haldankar have been named as women`s committee in-charge.
The resolution was to expel Narvekar from the managing committee as well as from the primary membership of the GCA following allegations of financial and administrative irregularities.
In another significant development, the GCA has decided to hand over all documents as required by chairman of Election Committee, Chetan Desai, so that transparency is maintained in the Association affairs.
A resolution was also moved by members of managing committee to postpone the date of elections from May 27 to a new date due to complaints from various clubs that their names were deleted from the GCA rolls.
The committee also resolved to give a grant of Rs one lakh to each club for the year 2012-13 season.
Phadke thanked the members of the managing Committee for electing him as the President and promised that he will run the affairs of the association in a transparent manner.
A copy of the resolution has been sent to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
Narvekar is facing allegations of financial and administrative irregularities for which the state government recently appointed a two-member committee led by Dessai to investigate the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Good news! Dimpy Ganguly welcomes baby Reanna with blizzards of kisses and hugs - See pic
- Harmanpreet Kaur Bhullar becomes first India Women's cricketer to be signed by overseas T20 team
- Indian politicians funded Hillary Clinton for Indo-US civil nuclear deal: Donald Trump
- In two years Tripura-Assam border with Bangladesh to be totally sealed: Secretary BM
- PM Modi to launch Smart City projects in Pune today