Gilchrist hails Haddin`s keeping performance in Perth as best ever from an Oz player
Sydney: Australian wicketkeeping legend Adam Gilchrist has hailed wicketkeeper-batsman Brad Haddin`s performance in the Perth Ashes Test as the best he has seen from an Australian.
Wicket-keeping greats are singing from the rafters about Australia`s unsung hero, who has staged a major rescue mission in each Test and is averaging 65 for the series, and his performances have been impossible to avoid from the moment he was recalled to be vice-captain of the Ashes tour.
According to News.com.au, Gilchrist said that he is thrilled for Haddin, adding that he cannot think of any more impressive, clinical precise wicket-keeping performance for Australia in Test cricket than the veteran keeper`s.
The report however, mentioned that it took a 4-0 drubbing in India earlier this year for the team to be shaken up and Haddin to be included as captain Michael Clarke`s deputy in an Ashes squad lacking experience in the post Ricky Ponting , Michael Hussey era.
Stating that things fortunately improved for Haddin after he had to leave the team, Gilchrist said that the enforced lay-off reinvigorated, reenergised and clarified a few things in his mind, adding that he is impressed that Haddin handled his omission from the team with positivity, which showed his quality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate