Gilchrist says Australia`s best should be available for T20 BBL
Sydney: Adam Gilchrist has called for Australia`s Big Bash League to replicate the Indian Premier League by having biggest names available for the Twenty20 tournament, according to reports.
According to News.com.au, Gilchrist, who will be part of Channel 10`s commentary team for the BBL, believes continued growth of the domestic Twenty20 extravaganza is reliant on finding a window that allows Australia`s Test stars to take part.
Administrators originally hoped to have them available for the majority of the tournament when designing the BBL, but face continued scheduling headaches, the report said.
Cricket Australia will not shift the iconic Boxing Day and New Year`s Tests, however the same holiday period is also viewed as the most lucrative for the BBL, the report added.
Gilchrist, who played six seasons in the IPL for Deccan Chargers and Kings XI Punjab, said while the Indian Twenty20 competition attracted big overseas names, its true strength was the fact the host nation`s biggest names all took part, the report further said.
The No.1 ticketholder for the Perth Scorchers was also adamant Twenty20 cricket was as skilful and tactically nuanced as Test cricket, the report mentioned. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt