Gillespie, Guptill recalled to Kiwi Test squad for England series
Wellington: New Zealand pace bowler Mark Gillespie and batsman Martin Guptill have been recalled into the Test squad for the re-match with England.
Gillespie and Guptill along with newcomer Luke Ronchi are the three new faces named in the squad which will clash in tests at Lord`s in London and Headingley in Leeds after fighting an encouraging drawn series with England over three tests in New Zealand recently.
Black Caps coach Mike Hesson expressed his pleasure at the inclusion of Guptill and Gillespie in the squad, saying that it was pleasing to see Guptill return from injury after being forced out of the home tests against England and added that Gillespie`s form had warranted his reselection.
Stating that Guptill has proved himself to be a world-class performer before, Hesson said that the batsman has worked hard on his rehabilitation to make sure that he is fit to represent his country again. Hesson further said that Gillespie also deserved his spot as he has been dominant in the domestic competitions this season, adding that he is a capable player as he is quite experienced with the international game also.
The tour starts on May 4 with a three-day warm-up match against Derbyshire, which will be missed by Brendon McCullum and Ross Taylor because of Indian Premier League commitments, although the players will join the team in time for the second warm-up fixture, against the England Lions on May 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble