Glenn Maxwell `unfazed` by poor ODI form
Sydney: Australian all rounder Glenn Maxwell has claimed his lack of returns during the ongoing one-day series against Sri Lanka won’t affect his prospects of touring India for the upcoming Test series.
Maxwell blamed the timing of his bowling during the one-day matches for his lack of success, adding he is bowling fine and with time good returns would come automatically. Maxwell has a golden opportunity in the ODI series to cement a place on next month`s four-Test tour as an all rounder, however there are concerns over whether his spin bowling is up to scratch, News.com.au repots.
In his six ODIs to date since debuting against Afghanistan last year, Maxwell is yet to take a wicket and in two matches so far against Sri Lanka with the bat, he hasn`t made it out of single figures. Maxwell said selection in the touring part to India is on his mind, but stressed he isn`t too concerned about his slow start, as he believes he performing well against Sri Lanka despite lack of success.
Maxwell said he`s not beating himself up over his wicket less run and is contented with how his off spinners are coming out in practice. Maxwell said Sri Lankan batsmen are good players of spin, adding that the pacy Australian wickets are not conducive for spin bowling and believes these two factors are major reasons behind his lack of success.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price