Gold coins bearing Sachin Tendulkar's face, signature launched
Mumbai: A limited edition Sachin Tendulkar gold coins, with the senior cricketer`s face and signature embossed on them, were launched on Monday on the auspicious day of `Akshaya Tritiya`.
A jewellery brand launched one lakh Sachin Tendulkar gold coins, each weighing 10 grams, in the senior cricketer`s presence here.
The 24 karat gold coin is priced at Rs 34,000.
The company had signed up Tendulkar as its brand ambassador for a three-year period in February this year.
"I have had many golden moments on the field. There are some wonderful memories but this is something really different. Let me first wish everyone happy Akshaya Tritiya because it is an important day in Hindu calendar," said Tendulkar at the launch.
"I like to buy gold. It was a thing to have nice gold chain around the neck and I did that as a teenager," he said.
"But mostly on this day it is the better half who takes all the effort in shopping. Obviously how can you keep women away from that. It is not just about that but also investing in gold, especially in India when you bring out gold coins, it also becomes a memorabilia and you can keep gold along with something special and it becomes a rarity," he said.
"Gold is popular among sportsmen also. On a lighter note you could go and ask the West Indian team. It is something which everyone looks forward to. The first thing you want to have is a gold chain with a nice pendant around it," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO