Gomel slams unbeaten ton for Mumbai in U-19 meet
Mumbai: Opener Akarshit Gomel slammed an unbeaten century to help hosts Mumbai amass 272 for three on the first day of the three-day under-19 Cooch Behar Trophy quarterfinal against Tamil Nadu at the MCA BKC Complex.
Gomel struck 132 not out with 19 fours in 239 balls as Mumbai recovered from the early loss of his opening partner and Ranji Trophy player Akhil Herwadkar for five.
Gomel stitched important stands of 65 and 75 with J D Pardeshi (24) and A P Parkar (45) to steady the innings.
Later the opener was involved in an unbroken 123-run fourth-wicket stand with P D Prabhu, who was unconquered on 56 (8 fours, 129 balls) to place the home team in a comfortable position at close.
Visiting team captain Indrajith Baba has used 10 bowlers in the innings and new ball bowler Aswin Crist picked up two out of the three wickets that fell.
Scores: Mumbai 272 for 3 (Akarshit Gomel batting 132, A P Parkar 45, P D Prabhu batting 56; A Crist 2 for 65) v Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list