Gomel slams unbeaten ton for Mumbai in U-19 meet
Mumbai: Opener Akarshit Gomel slammed an unbeaten century to help hosts Mumbai amass 272 for three on the first day of the three-day under-19 Cooch Behar Trophy quarterfinal against Tamil Nadu at the MCA BKC Complex.
Gomel struck 132 not out with 19 fours in 239 balls as Mumbai recovered from the early loss of his opening partner and Ranji Trophy player Akhil Herwadkar for five.
Gomel stitched important stands of 65 and 75 with J D Pardeshi (24) and A P Parkar (45) to steady the innings.
Later the opener was involved in an unbroken 123-run fourth-wicket stand with P D Prabhu, who was unconquered on 56 (8 fours, 129 balls) to place the home team in a comfortable position at close.
Visiting team captain Indrajith Baba has used 10 bowlers in the innings and new ball bowler Aswin Crist picked up two out of the three wickets that fell.
Scores: Mumbai 272 for 3 (Akarshit Gomel batting 132, A P Parkar 45, P D Prabhu batting 56; A Crist 2 for 65) v Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch