Got threatening e-mails: Bangladesh Deputy HC in Pak
Karachi: Bangladesh`s Deputy High Commissioner in Pakistan has claimed that he received threatening emails and messages after his country`s Cricket Board agreed to send its team to play a one-dayer and a Twenty20 match here.
According to reports, Rohal Alam Siddiqi has claimed that the Bangladesh team`s tour was put off because of serious threats to them.
"We have received threats through emails, messages and letters warning against the tour," the Bangladesh official was quoted as saying by a channel.
Siddiqi said the threats had been conveyed to the authorities but he was hopeful that the Bangladesh team would tour Pakistan in the near future.
"We were also disappointed that the tour could not take place," he was quoted as saying.
The Bangladesh Cricket Board informed the Pakistan cricket Board that it was not sending its team after the Dhaka High Court gave an injunction for four weeks against the tour on a petition filed by former players that there were security concerns involved.
The PCB has not taken kindly to the tour being postponed indefinitely since Bangladesh would have become the first Test playing nation to tour Pakistan since March, 2009 when terrorists attacked the Sri Lankan team in Lahore and killed six policemen and a van driver.
Some of the visiting players were also wounded in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon
- Southwest monsoon progresses in Gujarat
- Subramanian Swamy's lecture on 'Emergency' cancelled
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch