Government to miss Tendulkar during FDI voting in Rajya Sabha
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Even as Congress is trying hard to get sufficient numbers in both the Houses of Parliament ahead of voting on FDI, batting legend Sachin Tendulkar’s presence and his vote will be missed in the Rajya Sabha.
Tendulkar who is a nominated member of the Upper House, instead of occupying his seat number 103 during voting over the politically controversial issue of FDI, will be at Eden Gardens playing the third test match against England.
There will be voting on FDI on December 4 and 5 in the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha under Rule 184 and Rule 168 respectively in the two houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers