Government to miss Tendulkar during FDI voting in Rajya Sabha
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Even as Congress is trying hard to get sufficient numbers in both the Houses of Parliament ahead of voting on FDI, batting legend Sachin Tendulkar’s presence and his vote will be missed in the Rajya Sabha.
Tendulkar who is a nominated member of the Upper House, instead of occupying his seat number 103 during voting over the politically controversial issue of FDI, will be at Eden Gardens playing the third test match against England.
There will be voting on FDI on December 4 and 5 in the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha under Rule 184 and Rule 168 respectively in the two houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends