Govt steps in to help Yuvraj Singh
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Sports Minister Ajay Maken has wished Yuvraj Singh a speedy recovery indicating that the government will help the star Indian batsman in every manner possible.
“Wish Yuvraj a speedy recovery! Asking officials to find the quantum and nature of help required. Government shld & will help him.” Ajay Maken wrote on his twitter account.
Yuvraj Singh has been diagnosed with cancer and is currently undergoing chemotherapy in the United States.
His condition was earlier termed to be a tumour which was later found to be cancerous.
Since, it has been detected in its early stage; it is curable and not life and career threatening.
Yuvraj has played 37 Tests, scoring 1775 runs at an average of 34.80.
He has 8051 runs at an average of 37.62 from his 274-match ODI career. In 23 Twenty20s, Yuvraj has scored 567 runs at 31.50.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video