Graeme Smith and Jacques Kallis declared fit to play tour match ahead of crucial Lord’s Test
London: South Africa skipper Graeme Smith and Jacques Kallis have fully recovered from the injuries they sustained during the second Test against England at Headingley, while Alviro Petersen and Albie Morkel continue to make positive strides towards full fitness before the Lord’s Test.
Proteas doctor and team manager Mohammed Moosajee has said that Smith and Kallis would be available for the two-day tour match against Derbyshire County Cricket Club starting Friday, while Morkel could bat, but not bowl.
Petersen would be sitting out during the warm-up game.
“Graeme has fully recovered from the minor ligament sprain to his left knee. We also have positive feedback from Jacques, who has responded well to treatment following the acute back spasms that he suffered during the Test,” Moosajee said.
“Alviro is progressing well with rehab after the Grade 1 hamstring strain he sustained at Headingley but he is unlikely to feature in the tour match against Derbyshire.
“He will be focusing on his rehabilitation with the aim of making sure he is fully fit for the final Test at Lords.”
Moosajee said team physiotherapist Brandon Jackson would be working on getting Morkel back to full bowling fitness during the coming week, Sport24 reports.
“Albie``s left ankle has responded well to the cortisone injection he received last week. He will be available to play in the tour match, but he will only feature as a batsman,” he said.
The final Test at Lord’s starts next Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly