Graeme Smith backs use of DRS despite `extra pressure` on captaincy
Johannesburg: South African Test captain Graeme Smith has said that the use of technology adds extra pressure on the captaincy in cricket but it definitely has advantages.
According to Sport24, the Decision Review System (DRS), which allowed captains to review two decisions per match, involves a certain skill in itself.
Smith said that he is a big fan of technology and now it has become a part of the modern game, adding that maybe some captains have not really coped well with it.
The 112-Test veteran also said that the use of the DRS and Hotspot camera had sometimes been the difference between winning and losing games, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!