Graeme Smith claims Proteas’ batsmen ‘best in business’
Johannesburg: South Africa captain Graeme Smith has claimed they have the best top-six batsmen in the world of Test cricket right now as they prepare to face Pakistan in the second Test at Newlands starting on Thursday.
The Proteas hammered Pakistan by 211 runs in the first Test at the Wanderers, a win built on the fierce performance of the team``s bowling unit spearheaded by Dale Steyn, but Smith believes his batsmen deserve equal credit, Sports24 reports.
Smith claimed Proteas’ top six batsmen are one of the best going around with their experience and ability to adapt to game situations, adding they understand how to handle conditions and what is the right play at the right time. Smith added Test matches are about patterns of play and their top three especially has done well in setting up a base for the rest.
The opening batsman said the new ball is a tough place to bat in South Africa, but they have often come through that and been able to lay a solid platform. Smith expected Pakistan to adopt a more cautious approach to their batting in second Test in contrast to their cavalier approach at the Wanderers, saying the touring team is a very dangerous situation and capable enough of bouncing back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27