Graeme Smith claims Proteas’ batsmen ‘best in business’
Johannesburg: South Africa captain Graeme Smith has claimed they have the best top-six batsmen in the world of Test cricket right now as they prepare to face Pakistan in the second Test at Newlands starting on Thursday.
The Proteas hammered Pakistan by 211 runs in the first Test at the Wanderers, a win built on the fierce performance of the team``s bowling unit spearheaded by Dale Steyn, but Smith believes his batsmen deserve equal credit, Sports24 reports.
Smith claimed Proteas’ top six batsmen are one of the best going around with their experience and ability to adapt to game situations, adding they understand how to handle conditions and what is the right play at the right time. Smith added Test matches are about patterns of play and their top three especially has done well in setting up a base for the rest.
The opening batsman said the new ball is a tough place to bat in South Africa, but they have often come through that and been able to lay a solid platform. Smith expected Pakistan to adopt a more cautious approach to their batting in second Test in contrast to their cavalier approach at the Wanderers, saying the touring team is a very dangerous situation and capable enough of bouncing back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?