Graeme Smith hails `relentless` Proteas
Johannesburg: South Africa captain Graeme Smith has lauded team’s professional and relentless bowling performance during their 2-0 whitewash over New Zealand after winning the second Test match by an innings and 193 runs in Port Elizabeth on day four.
Smith said when things are going well and bowlers are bowling quick, it’s great but the difference now is that Proteas attack is relentless and the bowlers can back each other up, Sport24 reports. Smith said having good pace bowlers, as back up to their regular starter is crucial to their success and reign at the top of Test cricket.
South Africa batted first at St George’s Park and posted a total of 525 for eight, declared. They then forced the Black Caps to follow-on after the visitors had been bowled out for 121 in their first innings.
Smith said once they posted a big score, the bowlers never let the Black Caps any breathing space, which contributed to their meek capitulation, adding his players performed very professionally throughout the series.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane