Graeme Smith hails `relentless` Proteas
Johannesburg: South Africa captain Graeme Smith has lauded team’s professional and relentless bowling performance during their 2-0 whitewash over New Zealand after winning the second Test match by an innings and 193 runs in Port Elizabeth on day four.
Smith said when things are going well and bowlers are bowling quick, it’s great but the difference now is that Proteas attack is relentless and the bowlers can back each other up, Sport24 reports. Smith said having good pace bowlers, as back up to their regular starter is crucial to their success and reign at the top of Test cricket.
South Africa batted first at St George’s Park and posted a total of 525 for eight, declared. They then forced the Black Caps to follow-on after the visitors had been bowled out for 121 in their first innings.
Smith said once they posted a big score, the bowlers never let the Black Caps any breathing space, which contributed to their meek capitulation, adding his players performed very professionally throughout the series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- READ: How Mahendra Singh Dhoni 'bowled over' this Pakistani model with his calmness
- People want to take their country back, Trump says in Scotland after Brexit vote
- Sanders says he will vote for Clinton in November election
- Siddaramaiah goes into damage control mode as discontent grows post Cabinet reshuffle
- Brexit: Premier League Clubs might not have signed these players if Britain wasn't in the EU?