Graeme Smith hails `relentless` Proteas
Johannesburg: South Africa captain Graeme Smith has lauded team’s professional and relentless bowling performance during their 2-0 whitewash over New Zealand after winning the second Test match by an innings and 193 runs in Port Elizabeth on day four.
Smith said when things are going well and bowlers are bowling quick, it’s great but the difference now is that Proteas attack is relentless and the bowlers can back each other up, Sport24 reports. Smith said having good pace bowlers, as back up to their regular starter is crucial to their success and reign at the top of Test cricket.
South Africa batted first at St George’s Park and posted a total of 525 for eight, declared. They then forced the Black Caps to follow-on after the visitors had been bowled out for 121 in their first innings.
Smith said once they posted a big score, the bowlers never let the Black Caps any breathing space, which contributed to their meek capitulation, adding his players performed very professionally throughout the series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation