Graeme Smith says current Proteas team ‘best of his generation’
Johannesburg: Praising the current South African team, Test captain Graeme Smith has said the players in his squad are the finest of his generation.
Smith, who has been representing South Africa since 2002, said that the maturity, professionalism and pride with which every player in the team approaches a match are some of the reasons for the team’s success, Sport24 reports.
The opening batsman, with an average of 48.62 in 110 Test appearances, said that he expects to achieve a lot more from his squad, adding that he wants to create a team that plays a tough game, but with the proper spirit.
Smith further said that the most important thing during the summer is that his team never lost their intensity even in the most difficult conditions, and added that they will strive to continue with their current form.
South Africa has won in England, Australia and New Zealand in recent times and beaten Sri Lanka and New Zealand at home, with their recent 3-0 whitewash of Pakistan adding to what Smith termed as a successful summer, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi