Graeme Smith says current Proteas team ‘best of his generation’
Johannesburg: Praising the current South African team, Test captain Graeme Smith has said the players in his squad are the finest of his generation.
Smith, who has been representing South Africa since 2002, said that the maturity, professionalism and pride with which every player in the team approaches a match are some of the reasons for the team’s success, Sport24 reports.
The opening batsman, with an average of 48.62 in 110 Test appearances, said that he expects to achieve a lot more from his squad, adding that he wants to create a team that plays a tough game, but with the proper spirit.
Smith further said that the most important thing during the summer is that his team never lost their intensity even in the most difficult conditions, and added that they will strive to continue with their current form.
South Africa has won in England, Australia and New Zealand in recent times and beaten Sri Lanka and New Zealand at home, with their recent 3-0 whitewash of Pakistan adding to what Smith termed as a successful summer, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- After Latur, now 'water train' for drought-hit Bundelkhand
- India's services sector growth softens in April
- Azam Khan dares Yogi Adityanath: `Prove your masculinity by getting married`
- Nihal Batla, face of Progeria awareness campaign in India, dies at 15
- BJP slams UP CM Akhilesh Yadav over hunger death in Bundelkhand