Graeme Swann flies back home to spend time with ill daughter
Ahmedabad: England off-spinner Graeme Swann left for home today ahead of their final tour match against Haryana to be by the side of his sick daughter but will return back in time for the first Test beginning here on November 15.
"Graeme Swann has returned home to support his family and spend time with his daughter who is currently unwell. Swann will return to India ahead of the first Test in Ahmedabad, commencing November 15," the ECB said in a statement.
"This is a personal matter and we would ask for everyone to give Graeme and his family privacy. We will not be making any further comment at this time," statement read.
Swann's daughter Charlotte is barely three-week-old.
England play their final tour match, a three-day game, against Haryana starting here from tomorrow.
Meanwhile, pace bowlers Stuart Broad and Steven Finn are both expected to miss England's final warm-up match before the start of the Test series against India.
Finn suffered a thigh strain in the first tour match against India A, and Broad then bruised his left heel against Mumbai A. Both went for scans which did not reveal anything serious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt