Graham Ford to take charge of Surrey next season
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
New Delhi: Graham Ford of South Africa has been confirmed as the new head coach of Surrey.
Ford had decided to step down from the post of Sri Lankan coach in September declining to extend his contract that expires in January next year.
The South African has signed a three-year contract with the county.
England cricketer Kevin Petersen welcomed the news congratulating Surrey on the appointment.
— Kevin Pietersen (@KP24) October 14, 2013
Ford has been entrusted with the responsibility to bring Surrey back into Division One of the County Championship after they were relegated to Division two this season. He has coached South African cricket team and another county club Kent on previous occasions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal