Graham Ford to take charge of Surrey next season
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
New Delhi: Graham Ford of South Africa has been confirmed as the new head coach of Surrey.
Ford had decided to step down from the post of Sri Lankan coach in September declining to extend his contract that expires in January next year.
The South African has signed a three-year contract with the county.
England cricketer Kevin Petersen welcomed the news congratulating Surrey on the appointment.
— Kevin Pietersen (@KP24) October 14, 2013
Ford has been entrusted with the responsibility to bring Surrey back into Division One of the County Championship after they were relegated to Division two this season. He has coached South African cricket team and another county club Kent on previous occasions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena