Grant Flower eyed by PCB for batting coach role
Islamabad: Former Zimbabwe Test batsman Grant Flower has been considered for the position of batting coach by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB). While Flower is currently fulfilling a similar role with the Zimbabwe team, he will be out of contract in August and Zimbabwe Cricket is prevaricating over a new deal.
Although the PCB has confirmed that Flower is in the frame for the role, it however insisted that the former player is only one of a few candidates and suggested that they may even fill the position some time before Flower becomes available in August if they get a suitable person.
The report further said that although several former Pakistan Test batsmen, including Zaheer Abbas and Saleem Malik, had applied for the role, however, the PCB is looking to hire a candidate with at least Level 3 coaching accreditation and a minimum of five years`` experience working with top cricketers. Flower, who has been the batting coach for Zimbabwe October 2010, had previously played 67 Tests and 221 ODIs for Zimbabwe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read