Groin injury makes Warner doubtful for second final
Brisbane: Explosive opener David Warner is doubtful for the second final against Sri Lanka on Tuesday after injuring his groin during his carer-best 163-run knock in the first final today.
"I turned back for one in the 44th or 45th over and when I came off I did my ice bath and went to walk back out and moving sideways it was very, very sore," Warner said after Australia`s 15-run win.
Warner`s devastating innings lifted Australia to 321 for six after electing to bat.
"I was a bit scratchy in the first 50 runs but was conscious after that. I needed to keep one end going and if I was to get a big hundred, the team was surely to get a total in excess of 300 runs," said Warner.
Warner was limping after his post-match press conference, and said he was optimistic he would be fit for the second final but the dejected tone of his voice suggested otherwise.
Warner`s knock may have went in vain as Sri Lanka nearly came so close to the win but the experience of Brett Lee and Shane Watson, who held their nerves at the death, helped their side in bowling out the visitors for 306.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Dubai, Hong Kong and Malaysia will also get a taste of India's Amrapali mango
- Tata Communications to sell subsidiary Neotel for Rs 2,904 crore
- VIDEO: Iceland commentator goes nuts as team shocks England at Euro 2016
- Hilarious! Watch how typical Indian brides act before their D-Day
- 'I'm still alive' jokes Queen Elizabeth on N Ireland visit