Gujarat thump Baroda by 6 wkts
Pune: Smit Patel and Manprit Juneja struck a half century each as Gujarat scored an easy six-wicket victory over Baroda in the West Zone leg of the Vijay Hazare Trophy One-Day Championship here today.
Smit Patel (88 not out from 115 balls) and Manprit (58 off 88 balls) shared 107 runs from 21.5 overs for the third wicket as Gujarat chased down the target of 225 with eight balls to spare.
Gujarat lost their captain Parthiv Patel (5) in the second over when the team total was just five but recovered soon.
Smit Patel struck six fours in his unbeaten knock as he guided Gujarat to 227 for four while Manprit hit three boundaries.
Baroda used as many as eight bowlers but only two of them could take wickets with Sunit Singh grabbing two for 64 from his 10 overs. Lukman Meriwala took one wicket for 26.
Earlier, Baroda squandered a good start and could only post 224 for nine after being sent into bat. One-down Aditya Waghmode top-scored with 66 while Rakesh Solanki chipped in with an unbeaten 43. Captain Yusuf Pathan was run out for just one run.
Openers Saurabh Wakaskar and Aditya Reddy put on 54 runs for the first wicket from 11 overs before the latter was out. Gujarat later lost way and lost wickets at regular intervals to end their innings at 224 for nine.
Rush Kalaria got three wickets for 42 runs while Akshar Patel grabbed two for 34. Ishwar Chaudhary and Jesal Karia chipped in with one wicket each.
Baroda: 224 for nine in 50 overs (Aditya Waghmode 66, Rakesh Solanki 43 not out; Rush Kalaria 3/42, Akshar Patel 2/34).
Gujarat: 227 for four in 48.4 overs (Smit Patel 88, Manprit Juneja 58; Sunit Singh 2/64).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly