Gujarat thump Baroda by 6 wkts
Pune: Smit Patel and Manprit Juneja struck a half century each as Gujarat scored an easy six-wicket victory over Baroda in the West Zone leg of the Vijay Hazare Trophy One-Day Championship here today.
Smit Patel (88 not out from 115 balls) and Manprit (58 off 88 balls) shared 107 runs from 21.5 overs for the third wicket as Gujarat chased down the target of 225 with eight balls to spare.
Gujarat lost their captain Parthiv Patel (5) in the second over when the team total was just five but recovered soon.
Smit Patel struck six fours in his unbeaten knock as he guided Gujarat to 227 for four while Manprit hit three boundaries.
Baroda used as many as eight bowlers but only two of them could take wickets with Sunit Singh grabbing two for 64 from his 10 overs. Lukman Meriwala took one wicket for 26.
Earlier, Baroda squandered a good start and could only post 224 for nine after being sent into bat. One-down Aditya Waghmode top-scored with 66 while Rakesh Solanki chipped in with an unbeaten 43. Captain Yusuf Pathan was run out for just one run.
Openers Saurabh Wakaskar and Aditya Reddy put on 54 runs for the first wicket from 11 overs before the latter was out. Gujarat later lost way and lost wickets at regular intervals to end their innings at 224 for nine.
Rush Kalaria got three wickets for 42 runs while Akshar Patel grabbed two for 34. Ishwar Chaudhary and Jesal Karia chipped in with one wicket each.
Baroda: 224 for nine in 50 overs (Aditya Waghmode 66, Rakesh Solanki 43 not out; Rush Kalaria 3/42, Akshar Patel 2/34).
Gujarat: 227 for four in 48.4 overs (Smit Patel 88, Manprit Juneja 58; Sunit Singh 2/64).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir