Guptill to miss Bangladesh tour due to finger, ankle injuries
Wellington: New Zealand batsman Martin Guptill has reportedly been ruled out of the squad for the tour of Bangladesh in October due to finger and ankle injuries.
According to Stuff.co.nz, the batsman fractured a bone in his right little finger while batting in the Caribbean Premier League (CPL) recently.
The report further said that doctors have advised Guptill since he arrived back in New Zealand from the West Indies that he will not require surgery on his finger although it needs to be immobilised in a splint, adding that Guptill is expected to make a complete recovery within three to five weeks.
However, physiotherapist Paul Close, who has been monitoring a right ankle injury that Guptill has been carrying for the past year, said that they have been advised that surgery is required on the ankle and will happen next month.
The recovery from the ankle operation will mean that Guptill will miss the Bangladesh tour with a possible return for the tour to Sri Lanka in November, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma