Gurinder Sandhu says Steve Waugh medal will be lifetime inspiration
Sydney: Rookie Australian fast bowler Gurinder Sandhu has said it was a special moment for him to receive the Steve Waugh medal from the legend himself, adding the medal would inspire him forever during difficult situations.
Sandhu took 14 wickets in his two Sheffield Shield matches and 14 in four Ryobi Cup matches.
Sandhu said Steve Waugh, legend giving him the award is special and getting the Steve Waugh Medal would mean a lot to any NSW player.
The lanky quick added he is going to hang it up in his room and he would look at it when times get tough, adding when that day comes, when the wickets are hard to get, he would look at it and think to himself that he has done it before and he could do it again and this medal will help push him on then.
The fact Sandhu has already planned for testing times suggests he has his head screwed on right, and he also dismissed the notion of second-year syndrome.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy