Gurinder Sandhu says Steve Waugh medal will be lifetime inspiration
Sydney: Rookie Australian fast bowler Gurinder Sandhu has said it was a special moment for him to receive the Steve Waugh medal from the legend himself, adding the medal would inspire him forever during difficult situations.
Sandhu took 14 wickets in his two Sheffield Shield matches and 14 in four Ryobi Cup matches.
Sandhu said Steve Waugh, legend giving him the award is special and getting the Steve Waugh Medal would mean a lot to any NSW player.
The lanky quick added he is going to hang it up in his room and he would look at it when times get tough, adding when that day comes, when the wickets are hard to get, he would look at it and think to himself that he has done it before and he could do it again and this medal will help push him on then.
The fact Sandhu has already planned for testing times suggests he has his head screwed on right, and he also dismissed the notion of second-year syndrome.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter