Gurunath Meiyappan provided inside information to bookies during IPL 6
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a sensational revelation, the investigating team probing the IPL fixing scandal has found that Gurunath Meiyappan, son-in-law of BCCI boss N Srinivasan, had bet large amounts of money through Virendra Randhawa alias Vindu Dara Singh. Meiyappan is accused of misusing insider information he had in his capacity as the team principal of IPL franchise Chennai Super Kings (CSK).
According to reports, Gurunath Meiyappan – who was arrested on May 25, 2013 and was later released on bail on June 05, 2013 – used mobile no 9677219984 and an ipad to contact Vindu to provide information. Details of the conversation between them is in possession of the investigating team.
Meiyappan, through Vindu, placed bets on majority of the matches during the IPL season 6, including matches involving CSK and other teams like Rajasthan Royals and the Royal Challengers Bangalore.
In collusion with Vindu, Meiyappan even predicted the outcome of matches beforehand. In one such conversation, on May 12, 2013, he provided internal information on a match involving Kolkata Knight Riders and the Royal Challengers Bangalore.
On the same day, Meiyappan provided information on another match – between Chennai and Rajasthan Royals to Vindu. He claimed that the Chennai franchise will make 130 to 140 runs against Rajasthan. Besides, he also passed on the team-line-up to Vindu for the May 14 match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town