Guwahati HC directs BCCI to formulate guidelines for IPL games
Guwahati: The Guwahati High Court on Wednesday directed the BCCI to formulate rules and regulations within three months for selecting the cities for holding IPL matches.
A division bench comprising Chief Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel and Justice A K Goswami also directed the BCCI to upload the guidelines on its website within three months.
On October 25, the high court, taking a serious view of the BCCI`s decision to not allot any match or team from the North Eastern region, had restrained it till today from taking a final decision pursuant to its October 14 tender on the selection of new teams.
Acting on a PIL filed by G L Agrawall, the editor of a local newspaper, the single bench of Justice B P Agrawall had passed the restraining order.
The PIL had also alleged that the NE region was discriminated against the BCCI, which could have included Guwahati for bid of teams among the 12 cities selected countrywide.
Senior advocates Dr Ashok Saraf and Amit Goyal argued for the petitioner while the BCCI was represented by senior counsel Niloy Dutta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?