Guwahati HC directs BCCI to formulate guidelines for IPL games
Guwahati: The Guwahati High Court on Wednesday directed the BCCI to formulate rules and regulations within three months for selecting the cities for holding IPL matches.
A division bench comprising Chief Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel and Justice A K Goswami also directed the BCCI to upload the guidelines on its website within three months.
On October 25, the high court, taking a serious view of the BCCI`s decision to not allot any match or team from the North Eastern region, had restrained it till today from taking a final decision pursuant to its October 14 tender on the selection of new teams.
Acting on a PIL filed by G L Agrawall, the editor of a local newspaper, the single bench of Justice B P Agrawall had passed the restraining order.
The PIL had also alleged that the NE region was discriminated against the BCCI, which could have included Guwahati for bid of teams among the 12 cities selected countrywide.
Senior advocates Dr Ashok Saraf and Amit Goyal argued for the petitioner while the BCCI was represented by senior counsel Niloy Dutta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II