Had I been in Srini`s place, I won`t have resigned, says Ravi Shastri
Mumbai: Former India allrounder and one of BCCI`s contracted commentators, Ravi Shastri, on Friday came out in defence of an under-fire BCCI President N Srinivasan, stating that had he been in the Tamil Nadu strongman position he also wouldn`t have resigned just like the former.
"A lot of people have asked me that what I would have done had I been in his (Srinivasan) position? I also would not have resigned," Shastri said during Dilip Sardesai Memorial Lecture here today.
Elaborating further, Shastri added "What Srinivasan has done (by stepping aside) is that he has taken the responsibility to get the house in order."
Shastri, who is also in the IPL governing council, termed Srinivasan as a "terrific administrator".
"Srinivasan is a genuine cricket and sports lover who has contributed a lot for the BCCI."
Shastri also complimented former BCCI president Shashank Manohar as a no nonsense man who used to see things in black and white and never saw any grey areas. He was a man of few words.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed