Hafeez aiming to topple Sri Lanka from top of T20 rankings
Islamabad: Pakistan, fourth in the Twenty20 rankings, are aiming to topple Sri Lanka from the top of the standings by winning both the T20 matches, the first of which takes place on Wednesday, according to reports.
According to the Dawn, if the series is a 1-1 draw, the teams will maintain their current rankings while a 2-0 loss will push captain Mohammad Hafeez`s team down to fifth.
Hafeez said that Sri Lanka were a top side and that in itself was a motivation to beat the number one side.
Pakistan go into the matches well prepared after playing four Twenty20 games against South Africa last month, the report said.
They also overcame a tough resistance from minnows Afghanistan by six wickets in a last-ball thriller in Sharjah on Sunday, the first Twenty20 between the two countries, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- North Korea floats propaganda leaflets in river for 1st time
- WATCH: Chilling video of Gwalior road mishap and miraculous escape of two scooty riders
- 'Sultan' moment: Salman Khan, nephew Ahil clicked in wrestling mood
- Palestinian killed in exchange of fire with Israeli army
- Girl commits suicide after being ragged in Kerala, three final year students arrested