Hafeez aiming to topple Sri Lanka from top of T20 rankings
Islamabad: Pakistan, fourth in the Twenty20 rankings, are aiming to topple Sri Lanka from the top of the standings by winning both the T20 matches, the first of which takes place on Wednesday, according to reports.
According to the Dawn, if the series is a 1-1 draw, the teams will maintain their current rankings while a 2-0 loss will push captain Mohammad Hafeez`s team down to fifth.
Hafeez said that Sri Lanka were a top side and that in itself was a motivation to beat the number one side.
Pakistan go into the matches well prepared after playing four Twenty20 games against South Africa last month, the report said.
They also overcame a tough resistance from minnows Afghanistan by six wickets in a last-ball thriller in Sharjah on Sunday, the first Twenty20 between the two countries, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples