Hafeez dismisses reports of rift with Misbah over captaincy issues
Karachi: Pakistan Twenty20 skipper Mohammad Hafeez has dismissed allegations of his desire to secure captaincy in all formats of cricket.
The clarification comes as reports of infighting in the team surfaced last week, suggesting a rift between ODI captain Misbah-ul-Haq and Hafeez.
Hafeez, however, dispelled the speculations, saying that he has brotherly relations with Misbah, and added that he has no obsession to become captain. He said captaincy cannot be snatched, and that hatching conspiracies has never been a part of his career.
Hafeez also denied that he had any altercation with Misbah over the batting order. He said he would willingly play even at seventh position if he is asked to do so. Hafeez added that his priority is the team.
Hafeez also ridiculed the impression that he was interfering in selection matters of the playing XI.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai