Hafeez dismisses reports of rift with Misbah over captaincy issues
Karachi: Pakistan Twenty20 skipper Mohammad Hafeez has dismissed allegations of his desire to secure captaincy in all formats of cricket.
The clarification comes as reports of infighting in the team surfaced last week, suggesting a rift between ODI captain Misbah-ul-Haq and Hafeez.
Hafeez, however, dispelled the speculations, saying that he has brotherly relations with Misbah, and added that he has no obsession to become captain. He said captaincy cannot be snatched, and that hatching conspiracies has never been a part of his career.
Hafeez also denied that he had any altercation with Misbah over the batting order. He said he would willingly play even at seventh position if he is asked to do so. Hafeez added that his priority is the team.
Hafeez also ridiculed the impression that he was interfering in selection matters of the playing XI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof