Hafeez fourth `icon` player to sign for Caribbean Premiere League
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Twenty20 captain Mohammad Hafeez has become the fourth international icon or `franchise player` to join the Caribbean Premier League (CPL) T20 tournament.
Hafeez, who currently ranks No. 2 behind Australia`s Shane Watson in the standings for all rounders, has scored 1013 runs in 43 matches while his record in T20s is 35 wickets in 43 matches coming at an average of 22.14.
Stating that he is looking forward to playing in West Indies again, Hafeez said that the 2010 World T20 had allowed him the experience playing T20 in the Caribbean.
The T20 captain further said that he hopes for his fans in Pakistan and the world to follow him during the first CPL season, adding that the people in the West Indies love their cricket for which the fans will get behind their teams.
The report further said that the other international cricketers who have committed to playing in the league and have been assigned icon or `franchise player ` status as well are Ricky Ponting, Adam Gilchrist and Ross Taylor.
The CPL, which is set to begin on July 29 and run till August 26, involves six franchise countries across the Caribbean, which are- Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica, St. Lucia and Trinidad and Tobago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday