Hafeez`s elevation as T20 skipper, Whatmore`s appointment ``backfired``: Ijaz Butt
Lahore: Former chief of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), Ijaz Butt, has said that appointing Hafeez as T20 captain, and bringing in Dav Whatmore as head coach in place of Mohsin Khan despite the latter`s tremendous contribution, has "backfired quite badly". A leading newspaper quoted Butt, as saying that the national team`s 0-3 drubbing at the hands of South Africa in the three-Test series has posed serious questions about the captaincy, adding that it indicated that their confidence level has gone down considerably which could harm the team spirit in days to come.
Butt said that prior to Hafeez`s elevation as T20 skipper, his record was extremely good, but after elevation to the captain`s post, his game has rapidly gone down. Butt further said that with Misbah as captain and Mohsin Khan as head coach, the Pakistan team graph was rising as Pakistan had whitewashed top-ranked England besides defeating Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16