Hafeez stars in Pakistan’s emphatic 95 run win over South Africa
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Centurion: Mohammad Hafeez scored 86 runs and picked 3 wickets to lead Pakistan to a crushing 95-run win in the second and final Twenty20 international against South Africa at SuperSport Park here on Sunday.
Hafeez’s knock was laced with nine boundaries and four huge sixes. Fast bowler Umar Gul took five for six as South Africa collapsed to 100 all out in reply to Pakistan`s 195 for seven.
Hafeez decided to make first use of the conditions by deciding to bat first after winning the toss. Hafeez (86) and Ahmed Shehzad (46) were involved in a 83 run partnership off 48 balls which helped Pakistan achieve a huge score of 195 runs with the loss of seven wickets.
Although AB de Villiers gave the home side a flying start, with an innings of 36 runs off 22 balls with four boundaries and two sixes, the South African innings collapsed after his departure. The hosts were rounded up for 100 runs in 12.2 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report