Haider still stands by decision of leaving team
Karachi: Out of favour Pakistan wicketkeeper Zulqarnain Haider has said he has no regrets over his conduct during the 2010 series against South Africa in the United Arab Emirates, but admitted that he could have tackled the situation in a better manner.
“I still stand by my decision to leave the team in UAE. This was done for the betterment of Pakistani cricket,” PakPassion quoted Haider, as saying.
"In retrospect, I should have spoken to the ICC and this is what I will do should a situation similar to the one in Dubai arise again. Pakistani cricket is getting better due to the strict security policies of Mr. Zaka Ashraf and hopefully these problems [corruption] will be reduced or disappear completely,” he added.
Haider had fled from his team’s hotel in Dubai after allegedly receiving security threats from bookmakers just before the fifth and final One Day International match between Pakistan and South Africa.
The Pakistan Cricket Board, however, imposed a fine and reprimanded him for making false accusations after conducting a probe into the issue.
Haider is now looking forward to make a comeback to the international cricket after giving a spectacular performance in the ongoing Quaid-e-Azam (QEA) Trophy.
“I am the best domestic wicket keeper at the moment, I am hoping that the new Chairman of PCB, Mr. Zaka Ashraf, will take note of my performances in domestic cricket. I am aware that the Board and selectors have their eyes on the best performers. So I am hoping that they will pay attention to my performance this season as well,” Haider said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!