Hair gone, but still strong; Yuvraj posts latest pic
New Delhi: Undergoing chemotherapy for a malignant lung tumour, Yuvraj Singh has gone bald and the Indian cricketer has posted his latest picture showing the after-effects of the treatment on social networking site Twitter.
"Finally the hair has gone ! But #livstrong #yuvstrong," Yuvraj posted alongside a link to a picture of him without hair on the site.
The 30-year-old left-hander has been in the US since last month and is currently undergoing chemotherapy in the Cancer Research Institute in Boston.
"I will fight and come back as a stronger man cause I have the prayers of my nation ! Thank you to the media for their support and respecting my privacy," Yuvraj had written earlier.
"and of course everyday I look forward to come back and wear my india jersey my india cap and represent my country again jai hind," he had stated.
Yuvraj has played 37 Tests, scoring 1775 runs at an average of 34.80.
He has 8051 runs at an average of 37.62 from his 274-match ODI career, the highlight of which was his stellar role in India's World Cup triumph last year.
Giving a glimpse into his routine there, Yuvraj on Friday tweeted "20 minutes cycle in the gym felt good after a while!"
"Amuls new ad is very cute I must say!" he added referring to a new print ad by the dairy product company which goes with the tagline 'Yu and Vi will fight it out together'.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan