Hales replaces Samuels in Melbourne Renegades
Melbourne: English cricketer Alex Hales has replaced West Indian Marlon Samuels in the Melbourne Renegades squad.
Samuels has been ruled out of the remainder of the tournament, and the Twenty20 Big Bash League technical committee approved the change Tuesday.
Hales, 24, has been a regular member of the England T20 International squad over the past 18 months which included the 2012 ICC World Twenty20 and recent tour of India. He averages 34.83 at a strike rate of 127.43 in 14 T20Is.
Hales will join the Renegades squad in Sydney in time for their last round match against the Sydney Sixers Wednesday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Donald Trump vows `America first` foreign policy
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers