Hales replaces Samuels in Melbourne Renegades
Melbourne: English cricketer Alex Hales has replaced West Indian Marlon Samuels in the Melbourne Renegades squad.
Samuels has been ruled out of the remainder of the tournament, and the Twenty20 Big Bash League technical committee approved the change Tuesday.
Hales, 24, has been a regular member of the England T20 International squad over the past 18 months which included the 2012 ICC World Twenty20 and recent tour of India. He averages 34.83 at a strike rate of 127.43 in 14 T20Is.
Hales will join the Renegades squad in Sydney in time for their last round match against the Sydney Sixers Wednesday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra