Hales replaces Samuels in Melbourne Renegades
Melbourne: English cricketer Alex Hales has replaced West Indian Marlon Samuels in the Melbourne Renegades squad.
Samuels has been ruled out of the remainder of the tournament, and the Twenty20 Big Bash League technical committee approved the change Tuesday.
Hales, 24, has been a regular member of the England T20 International squad over the past 18 months which included the 2012 ICC World Twenty20 and recent tour of India. He averages 34.83 at a strike rate of 127.43 in 14 T20Is.
Hales will join the Renegades squad in Sydney in time for their last round match against the Sydney Sixers Wednesday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed