Happy my performance has been acknowledged at last: Bhatia
New Delhi: He was indeed "shocked" when he heard the news of his inclusion in the 30-member probables for the World T20 in Bangladesh but Rajat Bhatia`s expectations from life and cricket are very "realistic".
"I am happy that I have been included in the 30-member probables list. Finally, my 15 years of hard work in domestic circuit has been acknowledged and I am thankful to BCCI. Having said that it is a 30-member probables and not the 15-member squad. So I have to be realistic. Bhai Dilli abhi bahoot dooor hain (Destination is far away)," Bhatia told PTI on Friday
The veteran of 87 first-class and 104 T20 matches was honest in admitting that he was shocked when he got the news.
"Well, I didn`t expect the call-up as I have been used to getting ignored when I was young. So suddenly, when I was told about my selection in probables, I was a bit zapped. I didn`t expect to be selected and that`s why I told you "thik se dekh lijiye, koi galti toh nahi huyi hain" (Just cross-check, hope there`s no mistake)". That`s why I only told my wife about this news," Bhatia said.
Asked about what this call-up means to him, Bhatia gave another practical reply, "For me, this is about being in that mix. Like I am in 30 and you never know that I might just a get a chance in the 15. That`s far fetched but I am saying that I am in 30 top T20 cricketers in the country.
This gives me strength to do well in the coming season and who knows I might wear that India jersey".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa