Harare Test, Day 2: Zimbabwe vs Pakistan - As it happened...
Zee Media Bureau
Zimbabwe continue to dominate the Test as at stumps, their players walked back to the dressing room with a lead of 32 runs. The middle-order made a substantial contribution as Sikandar Raza (60), Malcom Waller (70) and Elton Chigumbura (40*), all made significant contributions that helped Zimbabwe take the lead. Chigumbura is unbeaten at the crease and Zimbabwe team management would want him to increase the lead as much as possible.
ZIMBABWE Over: 24 II Score: 67/1
Zimbabwe lost the wicket of opening batsman Tino Mawoyo early in the innings after he edged one to from Junaid Khan in the ninth over to wicketkeeper Adnan Akmal. He scored 13 (26b, 4X2). His departure brought stand-in captain Hamilton Masakadza to the crease. Masakadza along with Vusi Sibanda ensured that the hosts didn’t lose another wicket before the lunch was taken. All in all , it has been a session that can be credited to the account of the Zimbabwean team as they not only removed overnight batsman Saeed Ajmal early (first ball of the day) but also got off to a fairly reasonable start.
PAKISTAN Over: 90.1 II Score: 249/10
Saeed Ajmal was clean bowled by Chatara off the first delivery of the day ending Pakistan innings at 249/10. Ajmal, scored 49 (65b, 4X6, 6X1). Azhar Ali top scored for the visitors with 78 (185b, 4X9) followed by Misbah (53) and Ajmal. For Zimbabwe, Chatara and Panyangara picked three wickets each while Masakadza and Utseya bagged two scalps apiece.
Zimbabwe`s unheralded bowling attack plunged Pakistan into deep trouble on the first day of the first Test at the Harare Sports Club on Tuesday.
Pakistan were floundering at 182 for eight before tailenders Saeed Ajmal and Junaid Khan added an aggressive 67 for the ninth wicket to enable the tourists to finish the day on 249 for nine.
Opening bowlers Tendai Chatara and Tinashe Panyangara, who went into the match with only five Test caps between them, started the Pakistan slide with some disciplined bowling at the start of the day. They were well backed up by off-spinner Prosper Utseya and medium-pacer Shingi Masakadza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state