Harare Test, Day 2: Zimbabwe vs Pakistan - As it happened...
Zee Media Bureau
Zimbabwe continue to dominate the Test as at stumps, their players walked back to the dressing room with a lead of 32 runs. The middle-order made a substantial contribution as Sikandar Raza (60), Malcom Waller (70) and Elton Chigumbura (40*), all made significant contributions that helped Zimbabwe take the lead. Chigumbura is unbeaten at the crease and Zimbabwe team management would want him to increase the lead as much as possible.
ZIMBABWE Over: 24 II Score: 67/1
Zimbabwe lost the wicket of opening batsman Tino Mawoyo early in the innings after he edged one to from Junaid Khan in the ninth over to wicketkeeper Adnan Akmal. He scored 13 (26b, 4X2). His departure brought stand-in captain Hamilton Masakadza to the crease. Masakadza along with Vusi Sibanda ensured that the hosts didn’t lose another wicket before the lunch was taken. All in all , it has been a session that can be credited to the account of the Zimbabwean team as they not only removed overnight batsman Saeed Ajmal early (first ball of the day) but also got off to a fairly reasonable start.
PAKISTAN Over: 90.1 II Score: 249/10
Saeed Ajmal was clean bowled by Chatara off the first delivery of the day ending Pakistan innings at 249/10. Ajmal, scored 49 (65b, 4X6, 6X1). Azhar Ali top scored for the visitors with 78 (185b, 4X9) followed by Misbah (53) and Ajmal. For Zimbabwe, Chatara and Panyangara picked three wickets each while Masakadza and Utseya bagged two scalps apiece.
Zimbabwe`s unheralded bowling attack plunged Pakistan into deep trouble on the first day of the first Test at the Harare Sports Club on Tuesday.
Pakistan were floundering at 182 for eight before tailenders Saeed Ajmal and Junaid Khan added an aggressive 67 for the ninth wicket to enable the tourists to finish the day on 249 for nine.
Opening bowlers Tendai Chatara and Tinashe Panyangara, who went into the match with only five Test caps between them, started the Pakistan slide with some disciplined bowling at the start of the day. They were well backed up by off-spinner Prosper Utseya and medium-pacer Shingi Masakadza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing