Harare Test, Day 3: Zimbabwe vs Pakistan - As it happened...
Zee Media Bureau
Pakistan 2nd Innings
Over 55 || Score 129/3
After the fall of first Pakistani wicket, the next two batsmen also got out cheaply in the form of Azhar Ali and Mohammad Hafeez. Azhar didn’t even manage to open his account. But then the old war horses came to the front to rescue the visiting team. Younis Khan and Misbah-ul-Haq are playing sensible cricket. Both of them have crossed the mark of fifty runs and are looking quite solid at the crease. Pakistan now have more than fifty runs of lead and have seven wickets in hand.
Azhar Ali lbw b Panyangara 0 (4b)
Mohammad Hafeez c Mawoyo b Chatara 16 (27b)
Over: 7 II Score: 21/1
It's Lunch on Day 3. Zimbabwe have ended the first session claiming an early wicket of Pakistani batsman in Khurram Manzoor who was trapped in front by Panyangara. He scored 5 (22b). Mohammad Hafeez and Azhar Ali are in the middle for the visitors. They still trail by 57 runs with nine wickets in hand.
ZIMBABWE Over: 103.3 II Score: 327/10
With two wickets in two deliveries, Saeed Ajmal ended Zimbabwe’s innings with the hosts taking a lead of 78 runs in the first innings. In fact, Ajmal picked all the remaining three wickets to end up with figures of 7/95. Masakadza was the eight wicket to fall after being trapped in front. He scored 14 (39b, 4X1). Chigumbura scored a fifty before being caught by Azhar Ali at shirt leg. He scored 69 (129b, 4X8). Chatara was the next batsman in and was out first ball he faced offering a catch to Younis at second slip.
ZIMBABWE Over: 87 II Score: 281/7
Zimbabwe continue to dominate the Test as at stumps, their players walked back to the dressing room with a lead of 32 runs. The middle-order made a substantial contribution as Sikandar Raza (60), Malcom Waller (70) and Elton Chigumbura (40*), all made significant contributions that helped Zimbabwe take the lead. Chigumbura is unbeaten at the crease and Zimbabwe would want him to stretch the lead as much as possible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets