Harbhajan lays down challenge for `chicken` Hayden
New Delhi: Indian off-spinner Harbhajan Singh lashed out Mathew Hayden terming him the "biggest chicken hearted cricketer" he has ever seen and said the Australian`s remarks against him for missing the Nagpur Test were "a lot of crap" to sell his book.
"I don`t know what these Australian cricketers are up to? Even Ricky Ponting wrote a lot of crap to sell his book and now this guy Hayden is doing so," Harbhajan fumed while giving his reaction to reporters.
The former Australian opener in his autobiography "Standing My Ground" had said that erstwhile Indian captain Sourav Ganguly and Harbhajan chickened out after having a look at the bouncy Nagpur strip during Australia`s tour of 2004. He had even expressed his surprise in the manner in which Harbhajan had "food poisoning" on the eve of that Test which Australia won convincingly.
"Who is Mathew Hayden to judge Harbhajan Singh`s calibre. I don`t know what he is smoking these days. Probably he was in some kind of trip when he wrote all that rubbish. Should I now give Hayden some money to keep quiet?"
If that wasn`t enough, Harbhajan said that he is still willing to bowl if Hayden has the heart enough to face him.
"This is an open challenge. Whenever and wherever Hayden wants me to bowl at him, I am ready. Does he have the courage to face me. Because, whenever I have seen him bat against me he always had a petrified look. Just check the record books in case you want to know how many times I have got him out."
Referring to Hayden`s term of "Greentrackitis", Harbhajan said, "I have scored half century even in Australian soil. May be Hayden has this habit of conveniently forgetting the achievements of Indian cricketers. At the end of the day, he doesn`t have the qualification to judge the calibre of Indian cricketers."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das