Harbhajan meets officials in connection with academy in Mumbai
Mumbai: India off-spinner Harbhajan Singh today met Mumbai civic body officials in connection with his plan to start a cricket academy at the Andheri Sports Complex here.
"I have found Andheri Sports Complex the most suitable place. Students from BMC schools will be trained in the academy free of cost," Harbhajan said.
"Even kids who are not from the BMC schools will be trained for reasonable fee," he said.
The local civic body, Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) said it would take a call on giving permission to start the academy after it receives a proposal from Harbhajan.
A BMC official said Harbhajan met Municipal Commissioner Sitaram Kunte today and discussed the issue.
The official said that Harbhajan will have to submit a comprehensive proposal in this regard.
"He discussed the matter informally with the Commissioner .... He will have to submit a proposal, specifying who he will train in the academy," the official told PTI.
However, Harbhajan later told reporters that he did submit a proposal to Kunte.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport