Harbhajan meets officials in connection with academy in Mumbai
Mumbai: India off-spinner Harbhajan Singh today met Mumbai civic body officials in connection with his plan to start a cricket academy at the Andheri Sports Complex here.
"I have found Andheri Sports Complex the most suitable place. Students from BMC schools will be trained in the academy free of cost," Harbhajan said.
"Even kids who are not from the BMC schools will be trained for reasonable fee," he said.
The local civic body, Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) said it would take a call on giving permission to start the academy after it receives a proposal from Harbhajan.
A BMC official said Harbhajan met Municipal Commissioner Sitaram Kunte today and discussed the issue.
The official said that Harbhajan will have to submit a comprehensive proposal in this regard.
"He discussed the matter informally with the Commissioner .... He will have to submit a proposal, specifying who he will train in the academy," the official told PTI.
However, Harbhajan later told reporters that he did submit a proposal to Kunte.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical