Harbhajan Singh goes wicketless in debut match for Essex
Cheltenham (UK): Bidding to make a comeback to the Indian cricket team, off-spinner Harbhajan Singh on Thursday went wicketless in his first county match of the season for Essex as Gloucestershire piled up 284 for four at the College Ground here.
Harbhajan conceded 33 runs in the 12 overs he bowled on the first two days of his debut match for Essex.
The turbanator, who has been left in the cold for over a year now, is seeking to return to the side ahead of the World T20 in September.
The 32-year-old, who has taken 683 international wickets from 98 Tests and 227 One-day Internationals, has been left out of the India squad since last summer`s disastrous tour to England.
Harbhajan`s previous county stints have been with Surrey in 2004 and 2007, following which he made it to the India squad for the inaugural edition of the World T20, in South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Tiger Shroff - Jacqueline Fernandez’s fairytale romance in visually captivating song ‘Toota Jo Kabhi Tara’ from ‘A Flying Jatt’
- Bihar court orders FIR against Mayawati, other BSP leaders over inflammatory speeches
- Hiddleston perfect to be next 007 agent: Caterina Murino
- Spanish parties, King make fourth bid to end political stalemate
- Scientists develop space boot to avert astronauts from tripping over