Harbhajan Singh goes wicketless in debut match for Essex
Cheltenham (UK): Bidding to make a comeback to the Indian cricket team, off-spinner Harbhajan Singh on Thursday went wicketless in his first county match of the season for Essex as Gloucestershire piled up 284 for four at the College Ground here.
Harbhajan conceded 33 runs in the 12 overs he bowled on the first two days of his debut match for Essex.
The turbanator, who has been left in the cold for over a year now, is seeking to return to the side ahead of the World T20 in September.
The 32-year-old, who has taken 683 international wickets from 98 Tests and 227 One-day Internationals, has been left out of the India squad since last summer`s disastrous tour to England.
Harbhajan`s previous county stints have been with Surrey in 2004 and 2007, following which he made it to the India squad for the inaugural edition of the World T20, in South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing