Harbhajan Singh goes wicketless in debut match for Essex
Cheltenham (UK): Bidding to make a comeback to the Indian cricket team, off-spinner Harbhajan Singh on Thursday went wicketless in his first county match of the season for Essex as Gloucestershire piled up 284 for four at the College Ground here.
Harbhajan conceded 33 runs in the 12 overs he bowled on the first two days of his debut match for Essex.
The turbanator, who has been left in the cold for over a year now, is seeking to return to the side ahead of the World T20 in September.
The 32-year-old, who has taken 683 international wickets from 98 Tests and 227 One-day Internationals, has been left out of the India squad since last summer`s disastrous tour to England.
Harbhajan`s previous county stints have been with Surrey in 2004 and 2007, following which he made it to the India squad for the inaugural edition of the World T20, in South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact