Harbhajan Singh goes wicketless in debut match for Essex
Cheltenham (UK): Bidding to make a comeback to the Indian cricket team, off-spinner Harbhajan Singh on Thursday went wicketless in his first county match of the season for Essex as Gloucestershire piled up 284 for four at the College Ground here.
Harbhajan conceded 33 runs in the 12 overs he bowled on the first two days of his debut match for Essex.
The turbanator, who has been left in the cold for over a year now, is seeking to return to the side ahead of the World T20 in September.
The 32-year-old, who has taken 683 international wickets from 98 Tests and 227 One-day Internationals, has been left out of the India squad since last summer`s disastrous tour to England.
Harbhajan`s previous county stints have been with Surrey in 2004 and 2007, following which he made it to the India squad for the inaugural edition of the World T20, in South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'