Harbhajan to set up academy in HPCA stadium
Shimla: After Yuvraj Singh, Harbhajan Singh Friday announced to open his academy in association with the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) in its picturesque stadium in Dharamsala.
Both academies are being set up to boost the standards of cricketing talent across the region, the HPCA said in a statement.
"HPCA is the best-in-class facilities available to cricketers. I am certain that cricket enthusiasts all over the region will soon benefit from the cricket academy that I plan to set up there," Harbhajan said in a statement.
HPCA president Anurag Thakur said "it`s indeed a proud moment for all of us at HPCA to associate ourselves with truly world class cricketers like Harbhajan and Yuvraj".
The HPCA stadium, some 250 km from here, is located at an altitude of 4,000 feet above sea level, with the mighty snow-clad Dhauladhar Ranges forming the backdrop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site