Harbhajan to set up academy in HPCA stadium
Shimla: After Yuvraj Singh, Harbhajan Singh Friday announced to open his academy in association with the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) in its picturesque stadium in Dharamsala.
Both academies are being set up to boost the standards of cricketing talent across the region, the HPCA said in a statement.
"HPCA is the best-in-class facilities available to cricketers. I am certain that cricket enthusiasts all over the region will soon benefit from the cricket academy that I plan to set up there," Harbhajan said in a statement.
HPCA president Anurag Thakur said "it`s indeed a proud moment for all of us at HPCA to associate ourselves with truly world class cricketers like Harbhajan and Yuvraj".
The HPCA stadium, some 250 km from here, is located at an altitude of 4,000 feet above sea level, with the mighty snow-clad Dhauladhar Ranges forming the backdrop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!