Harmanpreet`s ton guides India to series win
Ahmedabad: Indian women rode on Harmanpreet Singh`s century to defeat Bangladesh by 46 runs in the second ODI and take an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match series, here on Wednesday.
Besides scoring 103, Harmanpreet also took two wickets, as India restricted Bangladesh to 210 for nine after putting up 256 for six on the board. The Indians elected to bat after winning the toss.
The hosts were going steady at 75 for two in the 20th over when Harmanpreet arrived at the crease.
She shared 109 runs off 126 balls for the third wicket with opener Poonam Raut, laying the foundation for a competitive total.
Even as Raut got out after playing an important knock of 80, Harmanpreet kept going adding another 52 runs for the fourth wicket with Anagha Deshpande.
The ton-up batswoman was dismissed in the 48th over by Salma Khatun, soon after bringing up her second ODI hundred, which helped India set Bagladesh a competitive target.
Harmanpreet`s 103 came off 100 balls and included 11 fours and two sixes. She also became the sixth Indian batswoman to score more than 1000 runs in ODIs.
Needing to score at around five runs an over, Bangladesh could not get the momentum going their way.
The Indian bowlers kept the run rate under control and picked up wickets at regular intervals. The only substantial partnership for Bangladesh was a 76-run stand between Rumana Ahmed and Lata Mondal.
Ahmed`s dismissal in the 35th over, with 114 needed off 15 overs, triggered off a collapse and Bangladesh lost the next seven wickets for 56.
Ahmed top-scored for Bangladesh with a 94-ball 75.
Ekta Bisht was the leading wicket-taker for India, picking up her second consecutive three-wicket haul to finish with figures of three for 34 in 10 overs.
Harmanpreet picked up two wickets for 30 runs off her six overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement