Harmanpreet`s ton guides India to series win
Ahmedabad: Indian women rode on Harmanpreet Singh`s century to defeat Bangladesh by 46 runs in the second ODI and take an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match series, here on Wednesday.
Besides scoring 103, Harmanpreet also took two wickets, as India restricted Bangladesh to 210 for nine after putting up 256 for six on the board. The Indians elected to bat after winning the toss.
The hosts were going steady at 75 for two in the 20th over when Harmanpreet arrived at the crease.
She shared 109 runs off 126 balls for the third wicket with opener Poonam Raut, laying the foundation for a competitive total.
Even as Raut got out after playing an important knock of 80, Harmanpreet kept going adding another 52 runs for the fourth wicket with Anagha Deshpande.
The ton-up batswoman was dismissed in the 48th over by Salma Khatun, soon after bringing up her second ODI hundred, which helped India set Bagladesh a competitive target.
Harmanpreet`s 103 came off 100 balls and included 11 fours and two sixes. She also became the sixth Indian batswoman to score more than 1000 runs in ODIs.
Needing to score at around five runs an over, Bangladesh could not get the momentum going their way.
The Indian bowlers kept the run rate under control and picked up wickets at regular intervals. The only substantial partnership for Bangladesh was a 76-run stand between Rumana Ahmed and Lata Mondal.
Ahmed`s dismissal in the 35th over, with 114 needed off 15 overs, triggered off a collapse and Bangladesh lost the next seven wickets for 56.
Ahmed top-scored for Bangladesh with a 94-ball 75.
Ekta Bisht was the leading wicket-taker for India, picking up her second consecutive three-wicket haul to finish with figures of three for 34 in 10 overs.
Harmanpreet picked up two wickets for 30 runs off her six overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand