Harmanpreet to lead India eves against Bangladesh
New Delhi: Harmanpreet Kaur was on Thursday named captain of the Indian women`s team replacing seasoned Mithali Raj for the limited-overs series against Bangladesh starting April 2 at home.
Opener Ponam Raut has been named as Harmanpreet`s deputy.
Indian eves will play a three T20s and as many ODIs after their disastrous World Cup campaign in February at home.
Senior Indian batswomen and captain Mithali Raj has not been named in the 15-member squad chosen by the All-India Women`s Selection Committee.
Squad: Harmanpreet Kaur (Capt), Poonam Raut (Vice-Capt), M D Thirushkamini, Smriti Mandhana, Anagha Deshpande, Sneha Dipti, Mona Meshram, N Niranjana, Archana Das, Poonam Yadav, Ritu Dhruv, Swagatika Rath, Shubhalaxmi Sharma, Sushma Varma Ekta Bisht.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'