Harmanpreet to lead India eves against Bangladesh
New Delhi: Harmanpreet Kaur was on Thursday named captain of the Indian women`s team replacing seasoned Mithali Raj for the limited-overs series against Bangladesh starting April 2 at home.
Opener Ponam Raut has been named as Harmanpreet`s deputy.
Indian eves will play a three T20s and as many ODIs after their disastrous World Cup campaign in February at home.
Senior Indian batswomen and captain Mithali Raj has not been named in the 15-member squad chosen by the All-India Women`s Selection Committee.
Squad: Harmanpreet Kaur (Capt), Poonam Raut (Vice-Capt), M D Thirushkamini, Smriti Mandhana, Anagha Deshpande, Sneha Dipti, Mona Meshram, N Niranjana, Archana Das, Poonam Yadav, Ritu Dhruv, Swagatika Rath, Shubhalaxmi Sharma, Sushma Varma Ekta Bisht.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference