Haroon Lorgat likely to join Sri Lanka Cricket as consultant
Colombo: Former International Cricket Council (ICC) chief executive Haroon Lorgat is all set to join Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) as a consultant.
In his proposed new role with SLC, Lorgat is expected to assist the board in revamping its domestic cricket structure, and advise it on finances and governance, reports the Daily Times.
"First we must get his (Lorgat``s) expertise as far as possible with regard to the restructuring programme and find ways of bringing modern thinking into the process," SLC treasurer Nuski Mohammed was quoted as saying.
Mohammed also suggested that if Lorgat comes on board he could help the cash-starved SLC in examining its finances. In the past 15 months, SLC has ran up debts close to 70 million dollars to finance the building of two international stadiums in Hambantota and Pallekele, and to renovate the R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo, for the 2011 World Cup.
SLC is interested in Lorgat``s services because of his vast experience in cricket administration. He is likely to be roped in for a period of three or four months.
Lorgat served as the chief executive of ICC for four years before stepping down at the end of June this year. He has also held several posts in South African cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!