Haroon Lorgat meets Patel at the ICC Chief Executives` Meet
Dubai: The BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel on Monday met Cricket South Africa CEO Haroon Lorgat today on the sidelines of the ICC Chief Executives` Meet.
Monday was the first of the two-day meet where the member nations discussed on a host of issues ranging from the use of controversial Decision Review System (DRS) to two new white balls in One Day Internationals.
"Yes, Patel and Lorgat did speak to each other for a few minutes but it is difficult to comment about what transpired during those few minutes. They were certainly cordial with each other," a source told PTI today.
"It`s an internal matter between the two boards and unless they are interested to divulge any information, it is difficult to make a comment on the issue," the source added.
BCCI and CSA have been at loggerheads over the fixture of India`s tour of South Africa. The CSA had initially planned a tour that comprised of three Tests, seven ODIs and two T20 Internationals apart from two three-day warm-up games spanning over two months.
However an angry BCCI felt that CSA had arbitrarily prepared a schedule without taking them into confidence. Many believe that BCCI`s stand is directly related to Lorgat`s appointment as the CEO of Cricket South Africa.
The world`s richest cricket board since then has gone on to threaten a curtailed series that would have two Tests and three ODIs apart from a T20 international. They have also quickly organized a home series against West Indies which will rob CSA a chance to host Sachin Tendulkar in his 200th Test match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them