Harris accepts Steyn still sets benchmark for fast-bowlers
Melbourne: Australian pacer Ryan Harris, who has risen to third in the Test bowling rankings behind Vernon Philander and Dale Steyn, believes that Steyn still sets the benchmark for fast-bowling.
Harris measured remarks come despite skipper Michael Clarke rating his pace trio of Mitchell Johnson, Ryan Harris and Peter Siddle as the best in the world.
South Africa is the current No. 1 ranked Test team and their success has centred around pacers Dale Steyn, Vernon Philander and Morne Morkel.
Harris said Steyn has performed consistently for a longtime and is an unbelievable bowler.
He further said that Styen`s figures of 350 wickets in 69 Tests speaks about his abilities, and added that he is hopeful of taking as many wickets as he can during their series against South Africa.
The three-Test series in South Africa will almost certainly decide who has the best pace attack in world cricket, News.com.au reports.
The Proteas have lost just one Test series since 2006, but that was against Australia in 2008/09.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Twelve people killed in American University attack: Afghan police
- A Flying Jatt tweet review: First day first show
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply