Harris accepts Steyn still sets benchmark for fast-bowlers
Melbourne: Australian pacer Ryan Harris, who has risen to third in the Test bowling rankings behind Vernon Philander and Dale Steyn, believes that Steyn still sets the benchmark for fast-bowling.
Harris measured remarks come despite skipper Michael Clarke rating his pace trio of Mitchell Johnson, Ryan Harris and Peter Siddle as the best in the world.
South Africa is the current No. 1 ranked Test team and their success has centred around pacers Dale Steyn, Vernon Philander and Morne Morkel.
Harris said Steyn has performed consistently for a longtime and is an unbelievable bowler.
He further said that Styen`s figures of 350 wickets in 69 Tests speaks about his abilities, and added that he is hopeful of taking as many wickets as he can during their series against South Africa.
The three-Test series in South Africa will almost certainly decide who has the best pace attack in world cricket, News.com.au reports.
The Proteas have lost just one Test series since 2006, but that was against Australia in 2008/09.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US