Harris accepts Steyn still sets benchmark for fast-bowlers
Melbourne: Australian pacer Ryan Harris, who has risen to third in the Test bowling rankings behind Vernon Philander and Dale Steyn, believes that Steyn still sets the benchmark for fast-bowling.
Harris measured remarks come despite skipper Michael Clarke rating his pace trio of Mitchell Johnson, Ryan Harris and Peter Siddle as the best in the world.
South Africa is the current No. 1 ranked Test team and their success has centred around pacers Dale Steyn, Vernon Philander and Morne Morkel.
Harris said Steyn has performed consistently for a longtime and is an unbelievable bowler.
He further said that Styen`s figures of 350 wickets in 69 Tests speaks about his abilities, and added that he is hopeful of taking as many wickets as he can during their series against South Africa.
The three-Test series in South Africa will almost certainly decide who has the best pace attack in world cricket, News.com.au reports.
The Proteas have lost just one Test series since 2006, but that was against Australia in 2008/09.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire