Harris accepts Steyn still sets benchmark for fast-bowlers
Melbourne: Australian pacer Ryan Harris, who has risen to third in the Test bowling rankings behind Vernon Philander and Dale Steyn, believes that Steyn still sets the benchmark for fast-bowling.
Harris measured remarks come despite skipper Michael Clarke rating his pace trio of Mitchell Johnson, Ryan Harris and Peter Siddle as the best in the world.
South Africa is the current No. 1 ranked Test team and their success has centred around pacers Dale Steyn, Vernon Philander and Morne Morkel.
Harris said Steyn has performed consistently for a longtime and is an unbelievable bowler.
He further said that Styen`s figures of 350 wickets in 69 Tests speaks about his abilities, and added that he is hopeful of taking as many wickets as he can during their series against South Africa.
The three-Test series in South Africa will almost certainly decide who has the best pace attack in world cricket, News.com.au reports.
The Proteas have lost just one Test series since 2006, but that was against Australia in 2008/09.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble